- Offer scheduling and flexibility to meet the client’s needs.
- Provide on-site training.
- Provide our own custom-built computer, meeting the client’s current and future needs.
- Offer financial flexibility for the client.
- Need repairs? Let the client choose what to do with their computer.
- The client comes first. Let us worry about your computer.
Serve all of Lincoln County
Places I have gone to in addition to Caliente:
- Mt. Wilson
- Out of the 315 service calls in the past six years, 92% of them have taken about one hour.
Outside of Caliente Travel Fees
- 1 mile: $0.35
- 10 miles: $3.50
- 100 miles: $35.00
Things I Have Done for Data Storage
- Replace and install new hard drive.
- Make and install external hard drive
- Data backup via USB stick
- Data backup via CD-R and DVD-R
A Little Education
Computer CPU or Processor
This is the heart of the PC that allows you to surf the web, do your e-mail or other tasks. The speed of the CPU use to run around 500 MHz or less on a single core processor. Eventually, the speed got up to 3,500 MHz. The problem from here became heat transfer. So the industry decided to make the computer do more by making the chips smaller and adding more of them. As follows:
- 1 Core = single core: Old
- 2 core = dual core: Standard
- 4 core = quad core: New
- 6 core = hex core: Gaming
- 8 core = octi core: Server
- 12 core = penta core: Server
When you look at your computer screen, what you see is data that is in memory, not storage. The memory in a computer has changed a lot over the years and has become much faster.
In the old days, memory was about 4MB per one modual. Today, one modual will hold much much more than that.
DDR, DDR-2, and DDR-3 are types of memory.
Today, you can have a computer with 8GB of memory.
The reason why memory is so important is because it determines how much space the operating system has to work with.
The most-used ‘OS’ today is Windows 7, and Windows 8 is coming soon. If you do not want to go with Microsoft, your alternatives are Linux or Apple.