The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration issued an emergency recall of more than 55,000 propane cylinders manufactured by the The Lite Cylinder Company.
These cylinders may leak flammable gas or suddenly rupture. The full recall order is available at: http://go.usa.gov/bbyV.
In the absence of instructions from Lite Cylinder, PHMSA advises anyone possessing one of these cylinders to:
- Stop using the cylinder(s)
- Close the valve(s)
- Safely disconnect the cylinders once the valves are closed
- Store the cylinder(s) in a space that is well ventilated and not enclosed
- Protect the cylinder(s) from heat and keep away from all heat sources
- Call the Hazmat Info Center at 800-467-4922 if you have any questions.
Attempts to empty the cylinder or remove the cylinder valve by unqualified persons may lead to serious injury or death.