Over the next two weeks, Lincoln County residents can expect to see double or even triple the normal law enforcement presence. Lincoln County has joined forces with law enforcement agencies statewide to crack down on impaired driving, and has this message for the public: if you’ll be drinking, designate a sober driver, and if you drive impaired, you will be arrested.
Increasing law enforcement presence during these weeks supports the overall state goal of reaching Zero Fatalities. Lincoln County residents can help us reach that goal by following these safety guidelines:
• Designate a sober driver before drinking;
• Call a sober friend or family member;
• Take advantage of local sober ride programs if there is any;
• Call 911 if a drunk driver is spotted on the road;
• Take the keys or assist in making other arrangements for someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired
Joining Forces Program is paid for by Nevada Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety.