Nelious Eugene Horsley

Lincoln County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a man from Tacoma, Washington, who was about to be placed on the state’s 10 Most Wanted List.

Sheriff Kerry Lee reported deputy Derek Foremaster made the arrest about 3:30 p.m. on June 3, south of Alamo.

Lee reported an Alamo resident contacted Foremaster at the Great Basin Foods, saying that “a black Mercedes with Washington plates had passed him at a high rate of speed a short distance north of Alamo, nearly causing a head- on collision with a northbound vehicle.”

After talking with the motorist, Foremaster then began pursuing the Mercedes and reported he soon spotted “a black-colored passenger vehicle” near the Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge.

“The vehicle appeared to be going at an excessive rate of speed,” Foremaster noted, “and began to pass in a no-passing zone [double yellow lines].” It was pulled over close to the rest area south of Upper Pahranagat Lake.

A run of the plates on the vehicle came back with a Washington driver’s license for Nelious Eugene Horsley of Tacoma.

Foremaster then made a routine check with the National Crime Information Center and learned that a felony warrant for burglary, which included a nationwide extradition, had been issued for Horsley.

Lee later learned that Horsley was about to be placed on Washington state’s 10 Most Wanted List. The nationwide extradition bulletin meant that, regardless of whatever state Horsley might be apprehended in, Washington state officers could apprehend him and return him to Washington.

Horsley was taken into custody, housed at the Lincoln County Detention Center, and booked with passing in a no-passing zone, along with a Count 2 from King County, Washington, on a $200,000 felony burglary warrant. “This was not a run-of-the-mill burglary,” Lee said.

Horsley is expected to appear before Pahranagat Valley Justice Nolan Holton to see if he waives extradition. Lee said, “If he fights the extradition, then he is entitled to a local extradition hearing and it might take up to 30 days for that to be decided.”

Lee said a passenger in the vehicle with Horsley was not arrested but was released and continued on south with the vehicle.